We have a brand new opportunity for you to take your family overseas to Malawi this Christmas and volunteer alongside our incredible partner, Fisherman’s Rest.
Christmas is a wonderful time for family to be together, but so often it becomes about the presents and getting the meal cooked. By heading to Malawi with your family, you can spend the holidays helping communities and celebrating the birth of Jesus with many marginalised people.
Our partner, Fisherman’s Rest have a powerful vision to see improved living standards in Malawi, with improved access to education, farming, housing and health care. This placement offers you the chance to experience their work first-hand.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for families interested in serving overseas this Christmas, and supporting the work of Fisherman’s Rest.
It won’t be easy, but it will challenge your thoughts on poverty. It will stretch your imagination and you will learn from communities that will inspire you beyond belief.
What will you be doing?
You and your family could be involved in a whole range of activities, here are just a few examples:
- Help with the bread and soap delivery to the local prison and spend time sharing fellowship with 450 inmates
- Spend time celebrating Christmas with a local children's home and experience a locally prepared Christmas dinner
- Help run the Christmas fun day, with a football match, children’s games and prizes
- Join with the local community to watch the Christmas story and the Jesus film
- Help plant trees and build fuel efficient stoves in local communities
- Help fix boreholes
- Run games and craft sessions at the local community centre
Our costs include pre-departure training, insurance, debrief, a medical package, administrative costs and in-country travel, accommodation and food. Please note, flights, visas and vaccinations are not included.
The cost of our family placements are variable, depending on the size of your family, the age of your children and the country you're visiting. Placements for families of four normally start at a cost of £3,000.00. For additional costs check out our ‘All you need to know’ section.