Poverty is not God’s plan. We, his church, are! Leonille’s story shows us that life-changing progress can be made when we join together.
After so many months of being apart, we have all come to appreciate the gift of being together.
We appreciate that, as we write this, there are still some coronavirus restrictions in place. However, we are hopeful that, as we enter the season of Lent in March, we are able to meet together more freely.
- Choose a day and time that is suitable
- Invite each person to bring a vegetarian dish, low on food miles and packaging.
- Enjoy being in the company of each other
- Encourage everyone to give a gift to Tearfund which could help more people, like Leonille and others around the world, to have renewed hope
If you cannot meet in person due to local/national restrictions, you can still gather together online. Make a dish that is low on food miles and packaging, share the recipe and why you like it with those who have gathered with you online. Give a gift of appreciation for what you have.
We love to hear from our supporters, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are hosting a Lent lunch this year.
We can still enjoy being in the company of each other – no matter where we are in the world, we are the church together.
How to send in your Lent lunch gift
There are a number of easy ways for you to send in donations from your gathering.
- Set up a JustGiving page and click on the orange ‘Start Fundraising’ button (don’t forget to add your church or group name when you set up the page)
- Send in a cheque to Tearfund, along with a note telling us the name of your church or group and how you raised the money, for example a Lent lunch or a church collection
- Donate on our website and use the drop-down box ‘Lent lunch’ to let us know the name of your church or group
To give you an idea of the difference your Lent lunch gift could make:
£50 could help to set up two new self-help groups like Leonille’s and train the members in ways to escape poverty.
Poverty is not God’s plan. We, his church, are! When we join together, we have the power to overcome. Thank you.