Pray with us
We are now in a climate emergency. More people are going hungry, extreme weather events are more severe and communities are being displaced. People are being pushed back into poverty and the damage to creation is accelerating.
As we contemplate the scale of the crisis, it’s important we keep our eyes fixed on the God of justice, who loves creation and brings restoration and peace – and help our friends and family to do the same.
Will you join us in a year of prayer about poverty and climate change?
Prayer updates via SMS text
Join us in prayer on our Tearfund Action Prayer Feed. You can sign up to receive prayer points directly to your phone every one to two weeks, to inspire prayers for justice and restoration for those living in poverty. This year the focus is on the climate emergency. To sign up:
- Add our Tearfund Action Prayer Feed number +44 (0)7916 874441 to your phone's contacts
- Using your phone’s SMS messaging app, text the word ‘PRAY’ to us on the number above
- You will be added to our list, and we will send you prayer points every 1-2 weeks via SMS.
We will not use your number for any other purposes and it will not be visible to others. Replies will be received by Tearfund only. If you would like to stop receiving these messages, text STOP to +44 (0)7916 874441
Prayer in the Park
With two crucial global summits in the UK this year, we have a powerful opportunity to pray for decisions that create a better world for us all – especially the poorest communities across the world. You can use our Prayer in the Park guide to lift up prayers for the climate in your local park or outdoor space. Join in whenever you like, alone or with others (making sure you follow coronavirus restrictions).
You can find the latest details on how to get involved on our Prayer in the Park webpage.
Alongside our friends at CAFOD, Christian Aid, Renew our World and people all over the world, we want to fill as much of this year with prayer for the climate as we can. We will praying right up to COP26 in November 2021. Book your regular slot and join the map by visiting Renew our World’s website.
Other ways to pray for the climate
There are so many ways to pray about the climate crisis. Here are two prayer networks we love and recommend:
- Climate Intercessors is a new network of people learning to pray prayers that are as real and urgent as the climate crisis. They meet each month on zoom and we regularly join them to pray: www.climateintercessors.org
- Sign up for informative monthly emails from Pray and Fast for the Climate, and be part of a movement of people praying each month for change. You can also find resources for holding a prayer vigil ahead of the UN climate talks COP26.