Serve alongside Tearfund’s partner in Tanzania for three months and play your part in helping young people to develop initiative, self-esteem and long-term livelihood opportunities.
For over a decade Christian Council Tanzania (CCT), have partnered with Tearfund, empowering local churches to bring about change in their own communities through HIV prevention and care programmes, financial management training and much more.
The community and church partnering together has seen incredible results, including being the major agent for developing interfaith relations, fighting FGM and Gender Based Violence, and increasing economic empowerment through village community banks.
However lack of access to livelihoods for the younger generation still remains a problem and results in young people moving to towns to try and find work. CCT firmly believe that through engaging with the young people and running development programmes, they can help them to identify their own needs and solutions.
CCT would love a team of volunteers to join them for three months to help run this youth-focused church and community mobilisation programme, contributing to the Global Goals for Sustainable Development of quality education for all, good health and wellbeing and zero hunger.
So, are you ready?
Three months volunteering in Tanzania will both challenge you personally and stretch your faith. You will experience how the local church is at the heart of tackling poverty and injustice and have the chance to show God’s love in practical ways as you visit and learn from inspirational communities.
Who are we looking for?
Individuals who are flexible and adaptable and would love the chance to spend three months living in Tanzania, working in a team, alongside other volunteers and CCT staff.
Swahili is the main language spoken across Tanzania so we’d advise learning a few basic words before you go.
What will you be doing?
- Engaging and inspiring young people to be involved in the CCMP programme
- Partnering with the local young people looking and advocacy and what local change can be made
- Supporting the trainings of women in church and social leadership for them to understand various issues of gender development
- Helping with the workshops and seminars on leadership, gender and family relationships about HIV and AIDS
- Helping to educate and train local men and women on issues surrounding gender based violence and child abuse
- Teaching on life skills in local primary schools
The cost mentioned above includes pre-departure training, insurance, debrief, a medical package, administrative costs and in-country travel, accommodation and food.
Please note, flights, visas and vaccinations are not included.
For more information about additional costs, check out our ‘All you need to know’ section.