We've got a great opportunity for you to volunteer in Tanzania with Tearfund for two weeks, alongside our incredible church partner AICT.
You’ll be supporting the work of our partner, the African Inland Church Tanzania (AICT), who are busy planting and cultivating churches. AICT work through these churches to help local communities to understand their God-given potential and be able to use local resources to meet their needs and bring about change in their communities.
Through church planting, AICT are helping to bring clean water, agricultural training, and health services to rural communities. They’re running self-help groups with women and vulnerable children and organising pastors conferences.
The work is varied and inspirational and is bringing incredible change to communities across Northern Tanzania.
Tereza - mother to six, wife, and business woman, is one example. Completely desolate with no job opportunities, Tereza and her husband turned to drink. Then in 2011, AICT visited her village and started teaching about God’s message of hope.
‘My eyes were opened to realise that the Lord had plenty of resources at our disposal and He needed us to work hard to become good stewards of these resources in changing our situations.’
Tereza and her husband now run their own business and can afford to send their children to school.
The work of AICT is transforming lives. Would you like to join them for two weeks and see how your story can become a part of God’s bigger picture in Tanzania?
Tearfund Tanzania -AICT from Kreativity on Vimeo.
Who are we looking for?
Individuals who are willing and flexible and would love the chance to spend two weeks living in Tanzania, working in a team, alongside other volunteers and AICT staff.
What will you be doing?
- Visiting the Care for the Children project which works with 3000 vulnerable children
- Working with women’s self-help groups in local communities
- Teaching at the local primary and secondary schools
- Visiting local health clinics and the HIV home-based care programme
- Sharing your IT skills, to help improve AICT’s staff members IT skills
- Getting involved in the Church & Community Mobilisation Process (CCMP)
- Supporting and developing youth programmes including drama, worship and children’s ministries
- Participating in the life of the local church; attending church services, helping to run discipleship programmes, Bible studies and initiatives with women and young people.
- There may also be an opportunity to help with church maintenance and construction projects