The crisis in Gaza and Israel is escalating and has already devastated thousands of lives. You can use this prayer guide to call out to God in intercessory prayer, which simply means praying on behalf of someone else. God hears your prayers. You can trust him with them.
What to pray...
Pray for peace
- Pray for an immediate ceasefire and an end to the violence.
- Pray for world leaders with influence in the region to make wise decisions that lead to lasting peace.
- Pray that God’s peace would fill the hearts and minds of everyone who is suffering as a result of this conflict.
Pray for safety
- Pray for all civilians – that God would protect them from harm, particularly the most vulnerable, including children, older people, and people with disabilities.
- Pray for humanitarian workers – for protection for those who are working to provide humanitarian assistance and medical supplies.
- Pray for safe access to food, water, sanitary items, medical supplies, fuel and electricity.
- Pray for people forced to flee their homes – pray for safe places to stay and that they will be able to return home.
Pray for strength
- Pray for church leaders – for wisdom and strength to lead people through fear and uncertainty. Pray for bravery as they guide their communities and offer loving support.
- Pray for Christian communities and faith leaders across the region – for unity, connection and mutual understanding so that they can help bring people together and show kindness.
- Pray for humanitarian workers – that God would strengthen their resolve and ability to provide relief and humanitarian assistance.
Pray for hope
- Pray for those who are terrified, mourning and suffering in Israel and Gaza. Ask God to save them from despair – for the trauma and violence they’ve experienced not to overshadow hope.
- Pray that people in Gaza and Israel and those in the wider region wouldn’t lose hope that peace is possible. ‘With God, all things are possible’ (Matthew 19:26).
Pray for healing
- Pray for people who have been traumatised or injured; ask God to heal their physical and emotional wounds and bring them deep comfort.
- Pray for hospitals and medical workers who are struggling with limited resources and overwhelming needs. Ask God to provide all the resources and equipment they need to treat the sick and injured.