Nine ways to take action today
Think about where else you could reduce your impact, around your home and in your lifestyle. It doesn't need to be complicated. Here are some simple ideas to get you started:
In your travel
- Switch to using a reusable coffee cup. (Stainless steel or bamboo cups are best.)
- Carry a reusable water bottle and refill it at home or work. (The most long-lasting and easily recyclable types are made from stainless steel or glass.)
- Could you take one less flight per year?
In your home
- Use soap and shampoo bars instead of liquid products in plastic bottles.
- Switch to reusable cloths and stop buying disposable wipes. Choose organic cotton or bamboo as the supply chain is more ethical.
- Switch your energy to renewable.
In your diet
- Buy fruit and veg loose, from the supermarket, greengrocer or market, or in a veg box. If your supermarket doesn’t sell loose fruit and veg, ask them to!
- Reduce your food waste and get creative in the kitchen with leftovers.
- Reduce how much meat you eat: try Meat-Free Monday or go vegan one day a week.