Your privacy and peace of mind are important to us. We are committed to keeping your data safe. We only collect data from people for specific purposes and once that purpose has finished, we won’t hold on to the data.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
These cookies allow us to measure and improve the performance of our site. All information these cookies collect is anonymous.
These allow for a more personalised experience. For example, they can remember the region you are in, as well as your accessibility settings.
These cookies help us to make our adverts personalised to you and allow us to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns.
Everything you need to know about Big Quiz Night fundraising
This page will help answer all of your fundraising questions, so your Big Quiz Night can transform even more lives.
Set up a JustGiving page
Every pound raised from the Big Quiz Night will come straight to Tearfund via JustGiving – there’s no extra admin involved and it’s quick and simple. Set up your Just Giving page here.
Remember, if you ask for a voluntary entry donation, this is eligible for Gift Aid. However, if you have a set ticket price, this will not be eligible for Gift Aid.
Set up your JustGiving QR code
A QR code is a small black and white barcode. When anyone scans it with the camera on their phone, it will direct them straight to your JustGiving page – making it easy for your quizzers to donate.
You can get the QR code for your JustGiving page by going to your page and adding ‘/qrcode’ to the end of the URL (eg www.justgiving.com/campaign/BQN22/qrcode). Make sure to share your QR code as well as the link to your JustGiving page on all of your promotional material and throughout your Big Quiz Night.
Other fundraising ideas for your quiz
1. Put on a movie. Before half-time, show our inspiring fundraising film and then ask people to donate generously (via your JustGiving page). This will help your guests understand why their support is vital and how their donations will help transform the lives of people trapped in poverty.
2. Phone a friend. If there’s a question that’s really tricky, the quizzer can phone a friend for help. But here’s the catch: to do so they will have to donate a certain amount of money!
3. The joker card. Quizzers can play this card to double their points on a round of their choice – but they’ll have to donate to use it.
4. Sold! How about holding a promise auction during the break? Have your quizzers bid for something that someone has offered to do. For example, people could promise to drop off a cooked meal, do a food shop, perform a short play etc.
5. On your marks, get set, bake! Cake never fails. If you're meeting in person, why not hold a bake sale? Have some yummy treats to sell before and after the quiz, or even hold your very own bake-off.
6. Fun for everyone. During half-time, or while the scores are being counted, add in some entertainment. How about a poetry reading? A dance-off? Or go old-school and play pass the parcel? Encourage people to donate if they would like to get involved. Big Quiz Night guests are usually a mix of ages – from twelve to one-hundred-and-twelve – so this is a great way to get everyone in on the action.
How do I pay in my donations?
Paying in your donations to Tearfund is quick, simple and easy. JustGiving takes care of everything and sends all the money straight to Tearfund on your behalf. This is the most cost-effective way for us to process your donation.
You can also pay in your money online via our website by clicking the 'Donate' button and following the instructions. Alternatively, you can send in a cheque to: Tearfund, 100 Church Road, Teddington TW11 8QE.
If you need any help paying in your donations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3906 3906 – we’d be more than happy to help.
Hundreds of churches. Thousands of people. One Big Quiz Night
Please sign up here to gain access to all your fabulous Big Quiz Night resources.
Already signed up? You will find the resources link in any of the Big Quiz Night emails you have received from us. If you need any help, feel free to contact our lovely team at email@example.com.
Get our email updates
Learn about our work and stay in touch with all things Tearfund. Hear about our news, activities and appeals by email.