- By entering any competition run by Tearfund, you agree to be legally bound by both the general terms and any terms applicable to a specific competition.
- The promoter of all competitions run through our media is Tearfund, registered Charity No.265464 (England & Wales) No.SC037624 (Scotland). Our company number is 994339 and our registered office is 100 Church Road, Teddington, TW11 8QE.
- If you are concerned by the content of any of Tearfund’s competitions, please initially contact us by email at email@example.com
About our competitions
- No purchase or payment is necessary in order to win the competition.
- Tearfund’s competitions are open to all ages unless specified in the details of a specific competition. However some prizes, for example event tickets, may be deemed unsuitable for minors, and will result in an age limit being applied.
- Where a competition is judged upon the merit of the entries, the judging will be conducted by one or more employees of Tearfund or a third party deemed appropriate for the task of judging by Tearfund. Their decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of Tearfund, their family members or anyone connected with the competition may not enter the competition.
- Tearfund will notify all winners within 28 days of the competition, either by email or telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Tearfund reserves the right to withdraw the prize from a winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Although Tearfund welcomes entries from anywhere in the world, we are only able to post prizes to addresses within the UK.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and there is no cash equivalent offered.
- Where the prize is event tickets, they will only be valid for the date specified and Tearfund is unable to refund or compensate winners if the event is cancelled.
- Your entry must solely be your work and not be derived from any other source.
- You retain all rights to any work submitted for a competition.
- Where Tearfund seeks to reproduce all or part of an entry in any form, Tearfund will first seek your permission to do so. This will be for an unlimited period.
About you and your entry
- Where winners are named this will be with your permission, and will only consist of your first name and surname along with your hometown or region.
- If you are concerned about sharing these details, an assumed name can be agreed with Tearfund before publication
- Where your entry is a photograph or video, all persons featured (or their parent or guardian where a person featured is aged less than 18 years) must have given prior consent to the work before you submit it and you must be the owner of the copyright of images entered. Tearfund does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
- Tearfund does not offer any payment in exchange for publication of your original work.
- Tearfund reserves the right to cancel or amend a competition and/or withdraw a prize and these terms and conditions at any time without being liable to a contestant or any other person.
- Any changes to a competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Tearfund.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Any failure by Tearfund to enforce any of the terms and conditions will not give rise to any claims or rights of action by entrants or prize winners. This will not be deemed to be a waiver of our rights in relation to these terms.
- The above General Terms (and Specific Terms) shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.