What to pray for
The impact of climate change on vulnerable communities
- Pray for protection for communities who are especially vulnerable to the effects of climate change, including people living in poverty, indigenous peoples, and coastal communities.
- Pray for resources and solutions to help these communities adapt to the changing climate and protect them from harm.
- Pray for justice and for fair policies to be implemented to support these communities.
The need for governments and corporations to address the climate crisis
- Pray for leaders in government and corporations to acknowledge the urgency of the climate crisis and take bold action to tackle it.
- Pray for policies and regulations that prioritise sustainability and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Pray for transparency and accountability in corporate practices related to the environment.
The role of the church in tackling climate change
- Pray for the church to recognise and respond to the urgent need for collective action to combat climate change.
- Pray for opportunities for education and discussion within the church community to raise awareness of the climate crisis.
- Pray for local churches around the world who are already doing so much to address this issue.
The impact of climate change on wider creation
- Pray for the protection and preservation of wildlife and ecosystems affected by climate change.
- Pray for resources and solutions to restore natural habitats and protect endangered species.
- Pray that the huge harm already done to creation can begin to be reversed, so that all life can thrive.
The need for renewable energy
- Pray for advances in technology and infrastructure to support renewable energy sources.
- Pray for policies and practices that support the transition to renewable energy and phase out the use of harmful fossil fuels.
- Pray for individual and collective actions to reduce energy consumption and promote sustainability.